Governance Challenges 2017 – Complimentary Report
The National Association of Corporate Directors annually collaborates with its five strategic-content partners to provide guidance for boards of directors on a hot-button governance issue. This year’s topic is ESG, or environmental, social, and governance oversight — an issue that strongly impacts corporate sustainability.
The NACD has made the report available for downloading at no charge.
The report provides ESG guidance in order to help directors:
- ensure the board and executive team have the right skills for driving ESG performance;
- connect environmental and social issues to the company’s business mission;
- communicate the company’s environmental and social efforts to investors, and to stakeholders;
- understand the financial impact of climate risks and improve related disclosures; and
- link compensation to financial results and ESG factors.