Just Released: ACC Chief Legal Officers 2018 Survey
The Association of Corporate Counsel has released the new ACC Chief Legal Officers 2018 Survey, a study of the issues and environment in which chief legal officers (CLOs) operate, based upon feedback from nearly 1,300 CLOs in 48 countries.
The report can be downloaded for a fee, and a free executive summary is available.
Notable findings include what keeps CLOs up at night, reporting structures, how CLOs view the future of departmental budgets and staffing, litigation and contract workload, and where data breaches and regulatory issues have the greatest impact.
The 2018 report includes an executive summary, key findings, global and industry benchmarking metrics, and an in-depth question-by-question analysis. Key metrics include:
- Legal department spend by company revenue
- Internal, external, and total spend as a percentage of revenue
- Legal department staffing numbers (including lawyers, paralegals, legal operations and administrative professionals)
- Matters handled by the legal department (litigation, compliance investigations, contracts)
- Data breaches, regulatory investigations and patent trolls