Eleven attorneys from the Dallas, Nashville and Austin offices of the business and entertainment law firm Shackelford, Bowen, McKinley & Norton, LLP, have been selected to the 2019 listing of The Best Lawyers in America.
“The strength of this firm is evidenced through the selection of these lawyers,” said founding partner John Shackelford. “Not only are our attorneys among the very best, but they also represent clients across a broad legal spectrum.”
The recognized attorneys represent a range of practices, including commercial litigation, family law, appellate, banking and finance, health care law, corporate law, construction law and litigation, project finance, and bankruptcy and reorganization.
The firm’s growing family law practice was particularly well represented, with three partners – Kathryn Pruitt, Josh Northam and Keeli Rule – earning recognition in that category.
Pruitt recently joined the firm’s Dallas office. Her family law practice focuses on representing clients in amicable and high-conflict divorce as well as custody litigation matters. She has been Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization since 2009.
Also selected to the 2019 listing of The Best Lawyers in America are Shackelford partners:
· Jay Bowen, Nashville – Commercial Litigation
· Talmage Boston, Dallas – Appellate, Commercial Litigation, Banking and Finance
· David Elrod, Dallas – Corporate Law
· Martha Hardwick Hofmeister, Dallas – Commercial Litigation
· Bill Hopkins, Austin – Health Care Law
· Mark McQuality, Dallas – Construction Law and Construction Litigation
· Keith Mullen, Dallas – Project Finance Law
· Frances Smith, Dallas – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law
The oldest and one of the most respected guides to the U.S. legal profession, The Best Lawyers in America listing of the nation’s top lawyers is based on confidential peer-review surveys submitted by attorneys who practice in the same legal fields and within the same geographic regions.